Salvete, amici! (That’s Latin, by the way.) I’m back, after an unplanned hiatus due to sickness, non-motivation, and an amazing but exhausting performing arts camp. (Emphasis on amazing – I danced to “Get Ready / Dancing in the Streets” from Motown, sang “Seize the Day” from Newsies, dramatically acted out some Scripture, and then danced to a clean Hamilton medley. It was one of the best experiences of my life so far.)
So anyway, I’m back, and I have two tags to do. Firstly…
the imaginary assistant tag
- Thank the person who tagged you and link back to their blog. That was the amazing Evelyn!
- Link back to the creator of the tag. That was Aberdeen the Authosaurus, whose witty email updates (with occasional appearances by his employer Mariposa) appear in my inbox and delight me with helpful writing and book-eating tips.
- Tag 5-10 bloggers who need assistants (and if they don’t need them, tag them anyway). I’ll get to that at the end, okay?
- Please answer the questions to the author assistant agency can find the right assistant for you. See below!
1 – What type of creature/species would you like your assistant to be (human, animal, dragon, dinosaur, figment of your imagination, etc.) and why?
I already have an imaginary assistant! She is a human, because… that’s what she is. Don’t ask why, please.
2 – What do you want your assistant to look like?
3 – What qualities are you looking for in an assistant (responsible, lovable, exasperating, etc.)?
Kate is loyal, intelligent, helpful, honest, and grounded. She’s a bit snarky sometimes, but I put up with it.
4 – What job(s) would your assistant be in charge of?
She reminds me when I’m being too silly, writes occasional blog posts, and is my first alpha reader.
5 – What would you like your assistant to be named?
Her full name is Katriona Aurelie Day Took. Kate is the only acceptable nickname (not Kat, Katie, Relie, etc.).
6 – What would you feed your assistant (candy, books, pickles, etc.)?
She likes very sharp cheddar cheese and delicious homemade artisan bread, like me. But unlike me, she likes mushrooms.
7 – How would you pay your assistant and what benefits would you offer as compensation for their work?
Kate is not paid. She voluntarily gives her time to me with nothing in return…
Ha! I pay her by occasionally being sane.
8 – What special abilities would your like your assistant to have (ice powers to freeze writer’s block, super strength to break writer’s block, super stupidity to stare at you while you’re having writer’s blog, etc.)?
Kate can shoot a bow, journey to fantasy worlds, write (and finish!) amazing novels, and I think she might have some Eragon-esque magical powers. We haven’t talked about it much.
9 – Where would you like your assistant to be from (Jurassic Park, Narnia, your head, etc.)?
She’s from the most amazing fantasy world ever, in the best Story ever, written by the one true Author. If you don’t know which world that is, look around you. Wake up. You’re living in it.
10 – Will you solemnly swear not to fire your assistant in sickness or health, for richer or poorer, smarter or stupider, writing or not writing, for as long as you both shall live?
Nope. No promises. I highly doubt I’ll fire her for a while, though. 😉
the copy-and-pasteable questions
- What type of creature/species would you like your assistant to be (human, animal, dragon, dinosaur, figment of your imagination, etc.) and why?
- What do you want your assistant to look like?
- What qualities are you looking for in an assistant (responsible, lovable, exasperating, etc.)?
- What job(s) would your assistant be in charge of?
- What would you like your assistant to be named?
- What would you feed your assistant (candy, books, pickles, etc.)?
- How would you pay your assistant and what benefits would you offer as compensation for their work?
- What special abilities would your like your assistant to have (ice powers to freeze writer’s block, super strength to break writer’s block, super stupidity to stare at you while you’re having writer’s blog, etc.)?
- Where would you like your assistant to be from (Jurassic Park, Narnia, your head, etc.)?
- Will you solemnly swear not to fire your assistant in sickness or health, for richer or poorer, smarter or stupider, writing or not writing, for as long as you both shall live?
The Sunshine Blogger Award
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link back to their blog so others can find them. The amazing Lili nominated me for this one.
- List the rules and display an award logo on your blog post. Done!
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you. Getting there.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and notify them by commenting on any of their posts. I shall do that soon
- Ask the nominees 11 new questions. Also, soon.
1 – What is your all-time favorite blog post (that you posted)?
This one. I’m proud of how it turned out and really enjoyed writing it.
2 – What is your all-time favorite blog post (that someone else posted)?
3 – What is your favorite movie?
This fluctuates, but I really like Rogue One, La La Land, O Brother Where Art Thou, The Return of the King, and Beauty and the Beast (live action). Oh, and while I don’t appreciate everything about them, here’s a shout-out to the MCU and everyone who makes those amazing movies. When Carol Danvers says, “I have nothing to prove to you;” when Tony Stark says, “If you’re nothing without that suit, then you shouldn’t have it;” when Steve Rogers says, “There’s only one God;” that’s when I wish that there were more movies like Marvel’s. While no single one makes it onto my favorites list, the collective whole has impacted me more than any other films.
4 – If you had to travel to a fictional world, which world would you travel to and who would you want to meet?
The MCU (Loki/Bucky/Spidey), Middle-earth (Glorfindel/Galadriel/Sam), Narnia (Edmund/Aslan/Reepicheep), or Harry Potter (Hermione/Draco/Sirius). We’ll leave it at that for now.
5 – What is your favorite color?
I like dark royal blue, any kind of gray, forest green, deep gold, and pale dusty gray-pink.
6 – Which Hogwarts house are you in?
I’m Ravenclaw… technically… but I personally like them all.
7 – If you had a dragon, what would it be like?
8 – What is one random thing about yourself that most people wouldn’t know?
I can’t abide sleeping with socks on.
9 – If you had to fight one fictional bad guy, who would it be and how would you go about doing it?
10 – What was the saddest fictional character’s death for you?
SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS (highlight them!)
From the Wingfeather Saga: Janner and Esben.
From The Hobbit: Thorin.
From the MCU: Loki.
From Harry Potter: Severus and Sirius.
From Fiddler’s Green: Peter.
11 – If you got deserted on an island for a year and only had one book with you, which book would you want it to be?
But come on, seriously? ONE book? No way. I’m also bringing these (all of which I actually have seen in the volumes listed):
- The Complete Jane Austen
- The Complete Sherlock Holmes
- LOTR (one volume)
- Death by Living by N.D. Wilson
- A G.K. Chesterton compilation
the questions for you
- When people ask you what you are, what do you say?
- What is your favorite number?
- What is your favorite language (other than English)?
- Do you know why this is called the Sunshine Blogger Award? (I don’t.)
- How do you say “sunshine” in your favorite language?
- What is your favorite Bible verse?
- How many siblings do you have?
- Do you like philosophy?
- Have you ever been to Broadway?
- What is your favorite musical?
- What is the question you’ve always wanted to be asked (and the answer to it)?
the nominees/tagged people
You! (That means anyone reading this who wants to steal these tags.)
the rules for the above people
- Either do both tags, and tag five people, or do one tag, and tag ten people. Or do your own thing.
- Tag at least one person who does not know you exist.
- Tell the people you tag on their contact pages or comments sections of their blogs that they’ve been nominated! Also, say something nice about them.
- Follow all the rules of each tag.
- If you do this tag, please comment below and let me know so I can read your post!
Wow, that was long! If you got all the way to the end, congratulations. Thanks for reading and I hope to have another post soon (or sooner than this one came, anyway).