Heyo, my friends!
(That intro feels a bit awkward. I’m trying it out. We’ll see if it sticks around.)
I’ve been tagged by Evelyn Brooks to do this award, and I’m super excited because her questions are amazing.
~ rules ~
- Provide the link to the creator’s original award post. (Very important: see why in step 5.)
- Answer the questions provided.
- Create 7 unique questions.
- Nominate 10 bloggers. Ensure they are aware of their nomination. Neither the award’s creator, nor the blogger who nominated you, can be nominated.
- At the end of 2020, every blog that ping-backs to the creator’s original post will be entered to win the 2020 Outstanding Blogger Award!
And now I’m going to answer Evelyn’s questions!
What three songs best describe your personality?
“Watch What Happens” from Newsies // “Write what you know, so they say / All I know is I don’t know what to write or the right way to write it”
“True Love” from Frozen // “Dreaming got me here / And yet the dream won’t die”
“Kindness” by Jess Ray // “I’m the only one surprised / When I revert to teen drama queen / Spewing hateful words that I don’t mean”
Which fictional character were you most like when you were younger?
Definitely Anne, from Anne of Green Gables and sequels.
People laugh at me because I use big words. But if you have big ideas, you have to use big words to express them, haven’t you?
Anne and I are both dreamers who love to imagine things and long for kindred spirits. I was a lot like her when I was young, and I still am. (:
Why must people kneel down to pray? If I really wanted to pray I’ll tell you what I’d do. I’d go out into a great big field all alone or in the deep, deep woods and I’d look up into the sky — up — up — up — into that lovely blue sky that looks as if there was no end to its blueness. And then I’d just feel a prayer.
If you haven’t read the whole series (or Montgomery’s other books — Emily of New Moon and The Blue Castle are two of my favorites), go read them.
What’s your favorite season?
Autumn, of course! 😊
What fact about you do people find most surprising?
I’m not totally sure on this one, but I think the fact that I have a brown stripe belt in tae kwon do (one test away from my black!) is a little surprising, considering that most of my other interests are bookish and creative.
You can enter into ONE scene in a book and say something to the characters in it. What scene would it be, and what would you say?
This question is very unique… and I have no idea! There are plenty of scenes I can think of, but me saying that one thing might change what happens in the story…
Aha! I’d enter the last scene of The Warden and the Wolf King and say, “What the Maker has done, he has done. Don’t try to change it.”
Resurrection cheapens sacrifice.
Who are three of your biggest inspirations?
Some people I’ve been inspired by recently:
~ Christine Smith ~ who writes an incredible amount of words each November and has a hilarious, relatable blog
~ Hannah S.J. Williams ~ whose art is amazing, whose writing surpasses her art, and whose love of Tolkien and Stengl makes me very happy
~ Kiki (K.E.) Stanton ~ who has been a great encouragement to me over the past few months, who is a stunning writer and actress, and who I’m blessed to call my friend
Someone asked you to create a new personality type test, such as the Enneagram or Hogwarts houses. What categories would you have, and what traits would they be based off? (It can be as silly or serious as you’d like.)
Ha!! I love this question!
Okay, I’m totally being silly here. Take this quiz and find out which type of magic user from my fictional world you are!
Possible results include dreamteller (interprets dreams), dreamwalker (appears in dreams), healer (…heals), lightbearer (carries light), mindreader/mindspeaker (telepathy), mindwiper (takes away memories), peacebearer (confusing) (sorry), seer (fortuneteller), shadewalker (basically invisibility), truthteller (again, confusing), wallwalker (walks through solid objects), and mindholder (telekinesis).
I know this isn’t exactly a personality quiz, but the question said I could be silly, so…
If you have not done the outstanding blogger award and wish to, consider yourself tagged.
Questions to answer:
- What’s something you’re outstanding at?
- What is the origin of the word “outstanding”?
- Do you find it hard to come up with interesting tag questions?
- Have you ever read Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell? If yes, share your thoughts. If no, discuss whether or not you are likely to ever read it.
- The Mandalorian vs. Rogue One. Which is better? Why?
- Pick one: wildflowers in Converse chucks, fall leaves and a chai latte, headphones shouting Twenty One Pilots. Explain your choice.
- Which character do you want to meet (these are all from my WIP) and why?
- Marelle // blue hair, broken past, trying to forget
- Kalrona // silver eyes, smirking through the pain, alone
- Tinvera // tattoos, doomed country, a grief for centuries
- Taresil // crimson dresses, heirship unwanted, avoiding duty
- Giladh // dark visions, a forgotten daughter, Sophie’s smile
Until next time, my friends!