Hey, friends! As many of you may know, for two years now I’ve participated in Christine Smith Author’s amazing NaNo Know the Novel linkup. It’s a fun way to connect with other writers and talk about your current WIP, and I really enjoyed it.
As I was doing this year’s Know the Novel, I had the idea to start my own linkup. Since most of the Know the Novel linkups are about the writing process and story, I thought I’d do something different and create a linkup to talk about our MCs (main characters)!
Here’s how it works:
- I post a list of ten questions about your main character (that’s this post).
- You answer them on your blog or social media and link back to this post. (If you use social media, just comment on this post with a link to yours!)
- Using my graphic (just above) is encouraged but not required 😉
- At the end of the month, I make a post linking to ALLLL of your posts so you can read everyone’s! (And also… I’ll talk about one of my charries. I’m not sure which one yet. *grins mysteriously*)
- This linkup runs January 1-30, with the wrap-up post on the 31st. You are welcome to answer the questions any time after that too, but they won’t end up on the list.
I was going to do this linkup like Christine’s, with a place for you to add your link, BUT apparently that doesn’t work on free WordPress sites. So I’m improvising, okay? I think this will still work and if it doesn’t… then we’ll figure out something new next time.
I’m posting this in January so it doesn’t conflict with Christine’s linkup, and also so any of you who did NaNo can tell us about your November MCs, but feel free to talk about any main character from any WIP! You can even do this for a side MC (I think I just made that term up) or any POV charrie or even some random tertiary person. I just liked the way “meet my MC” sounded so that’s what it’s called.
1 // Introduce your MC. What’s their name? Age? Appearance? (Sharing collages/inspiration photos encouraged!)
2 // Explain how your MC fits into the plot of your book (as best you can without spoiling it all…).
3 // What’s the first thing your MC says in the story? The last? A random quote from the middle that you like?
4 // Which other character would die for your MC?
5 // Would your MC die for them?
6 // Have any major details about your MC changed since you first created them?
7 // What characters (from books/movies not by you) remind you of your MC? Why?
8 // Share your MC’s favorites!
[ color, food, type of clothing, place, type of music, season, smell, etc. ]
9 // If your MC wasn’t involved in your story, what would they be doing? (Basically: what’s their dream life? Where do they want to live, what do they want to do?)
10 // Share a fun extra (another collage, a playlist, a scene from the story, a drawing, etc.).
Ahh, you guys, I’m so excited for this! I can’t wait to learn all about your MCs. Don’t forget to link to my post so I can share all your wonderful posts on January 31. And feel free to comment below if you have any questions!