I have an exciting post for you today, readers! My friend Kellyn is releasing her book Ivy Introspective, book two of the Chronicles of Alice and Ivy, and I’m joining in her blog tour.
Be sure to read to the end, because I also got to interview her — and she has amazing answers, including the inspiration for the book, her favorite writing music, and some recommendations for reading!
about the book + author
In a world that doesn’t understand her, how can she grow?
Ivy Knight lives her life in a blur of confusion as the world passes her by in a tumultuous melody. She isn’t the perfect daughter or student, but as long as she can be with her family, she doesn’t mind watching rather than living.
Mrs. Chattoway treasures both of her granddaughters now that they’re reunited. When Ivy’s parents enroll her in a Scottish school for unique children, she’s happy to chaperone.
In a new place with a new guardian, Ivy discovers a special talent that helps her see the blurred world in a new way. There’s a light at the end of the tunnel, and Ivy becomes determined to find it — and help others do the same.
Ivy Introspective is a Christian women’s fiction novel with…
- a young girl and her grandmother learning to embrace who they are in Christ and conquer fear together
- mental health rep
- misunderstood musical prodigies
- misunderstood prodigies in general
- ergo, awesome Scottish accents
- sweet friend/snarky friend cliché
- recovery from emotional wounds
- strong families becoming stronger
- learning to develop healthy friendships
- being stronger and smarter than you think